- Are you frustrated by trying to improvise using this scale with that chord, but find it's not working?
- Do you feel lost and not sure where to start?
- Are you a High School teacher that doesn't have the time to help your students learn how to really improvise?
- Are you concerned about the time and cost it takes to go to school to learn how to improvise or study from a professional?
Then you need to learn about Targeting and the tools to get to them. It changes everything!
WHAT COMES WITH MEMBERSHIP
- Jazz Targeting Masterclass ($99 Value)
- All Sheet Music, PDF's & Books ($150 Value)
- Access to 12 Weeks to Fluency ($49 Value)
- Access to Creative Jazz Composition Course ($49 Value)
- EVERY recording from J's Ruckus and the JKQ ($55 Value)
- And much, much more...
THAT'S OVER $400 IN TOTAL VALUE
FOR ONLY $15/month!
If you took private lessons every week (in many cities that can be $75/hr +); Jazz Targeting Membership would SAVE you OVER $3,700 a year!
"Prior to Targeting; I was lost in a sea of 'Jazz knowledge' and method books. Jason breaks it all down. Even the stuff that I didn't realize went into it. This helped me break down a song, simplify things, and be able to play through those changes."
- Scott Hult, Trumpet Player- Nashville, TN
"It's given me a different and fresh outlook on how to improvise and walk bass lines!"
- Corbin Jones, Bassist/Sousaphone, Los Angeles, CA
"Targeting has really zeroed in on some very essential aspects of improvisation for the jazz and commercial player. Perfect for those new to the art or advancing players - check it out!"
- Al Hood, Associate Professor of Trumpet
Lamont School of Music
Jazz and Solo Artist
Jason Klobnak is a versatile trumpet player that has been performing as an active musician, author, clinician, composer and educator. His band, The Jason Klobnak Quintet/Quartet (JKQ) is made up of high-caliber musicians known for their professionalism and versatility. The JKQ (based in Denver, Colorado) performs infectious originals with a B3 organ centered rhythm section; they blend hard bop, soul, gospel, and other world rhythms to create a memorable Jazz experience.
Together they have released their third full-length album in March of 2018 called Friends & Family. It has been very well reviewed, on numerous Top 10 lists for Jazz radio stations across the country (including Denver's KUVO 89.3FM which named it May 2018's CD of the month), and in Jazzweek's Top 100. Each composition was written for specific family and close friends (that might as well be family). Their second album, New Chapter, was recorded in part thanks to the Pathways to Jazz Grant from the Boulder County Arts Alliance. In 2015 and 2016, New Chapter was in the Top 75 on the Jazzweek charts and on the Top 10 playlists for over a dozen radio stations worldwide. Their first album, Mountain, Move made the Best Recordings of 2013 list from AllAboutJazz.com by C. Michael Bailey. His very well reviewed Christmas single, Hark the Herald, in 2016 as part of a creative project with musicians James Roberson and Nathaniel Kearney Jr.
Besides the JKQ, Mr. Klobnak is a B.A.C. (Best American Craftsman-custom trumpet), Denis Wick (mouthpiece and mutes) and Westone Audio endorsed artist (ES20 and Tru Customs). Mr. Klobnak has played and recorded for numerous groups ranging from jazz, soul/R&B, indie-rock/pop and gospel. In addition to performing, he has also written two improvisation-based books called Targeting: Improvisation With Purpose and Breaking the Monotony and is currently an adjunct professor and brass instructor at Arapahoe Community College. Mr. Klobnak holds a bachelor degree from Drake University (Des Moines, IA) and a Master’s degree from the University of Denver, Lamont School of Music (Denver, CO).